This section may contain heavy spoilers due to content.
- A man once born into an illustrious house.
- From a tender age, he became known for his handsome looks.
- He also displayed keen intelligence and great skill at arms.
- Great things were expected of him.
- They said he would surely become a man of renown, a great name in history.
- Especially upsetting was the scrutiny that surrounded his love life.
- He felt that his every move was watched and dissected. Simply talking to a lady would set rumors abuzz.
- "Look at them together, is he courting her?"
- This caused problems not only for him, but also his lady friends.
- To put an end to the rumor and speculation, he cut himself off from female company.
- But still they wouldn't leave him be.
- Talk of marriage reached him almost everyday.
- And he was soon sickened by the transparent politicking and scheming of the matches offered.
- His continual declining of marriage offers only served to further fuel the rumor mill.
- "Maybe...he can't perform?" They snickered.
- Even wilder gossip abounded, that he preferred the company of men.
- Soon, he had reached his wit's end.
- "Let me love whom I wish! When and whom I decide to marry is no business of theirs!"
- "I never asked for all this attention!"
- "They have no right to decide my future!"
- "I just want to live in peace!"
- Just as the mental pressure had peaked, a soft voice rang out and he saw before him a curious chalice.
- "I shall grant your wish. For a price."
- Beleaguered to his very soul, the man replied, "I'll pay any price. Grant my wish."
- When he awoke, he found himself transformed. He had become a stone lying on the roadside.
- For a moment, he panicked. "What is the meaning of this?"
- However, as people passed by, he soon realized that his wish had been granted.
- A stone on the roadside...
- Not a soul paid any attention to the man who had become a stone.
- Not a soul approached him.
- Contented days passed in lukewarm detachment from the world.
- The man who became a stone was happy.
- Time passed without incident, but one particular day, a girl walked along the road.
- Seeing the stone that was once a man, she walked slowly over and straightened him so that he lay evenly.
- The man fell in love at first sight. He had never felt anything like it.
- The irony didn't escape him.
- Having become a stone in order to avoid people, he now wanted someone so badly that he felt his chest might burst.
- But the man was simply a stone, capable of neither movement nor speech.
- He pleaded in his anguish. "Please! let me be with her right now!"
- And at that moment, he heard the voice again.
- "I shall grant your wish. For a price."
- The man screamed in a voice that wasn't a voice. "Grant my wish right now!"
- The next moment, he began again to change.
- First he grew into a torso, then arms and legs grew slowly back.
- Driven by his will, the man began to regain his former shape.
- But he was no longer the handsome youth that he had been.
- The memory of his humanity was vague, leading to an imperfect recreation.
- The contour of his body? The nasolabial fold?
- The reach of his arms an the arch of his feet?
- Again and again he struggled to reshape himself, but the more he tried, the stranger his body would become.
- There was some semblance of his old self and yet he was completely different. He had become a monster part-human, part-stone.
- In his crooked humiliation he went to meet the girl, but she fled at the sight of his debasement.
- He was sullen.
- As a man, people had always expected greatness of him.
- There was always someone demanding something or exploiting him in some way.
- Now he was a monster, he felt the pain of rejection for the first time.
- And what it is to be truly alone.
- From then on, he changed. He began to seek other people out.
- The man who had once begged "Everyone leave me alone!" realized how spoiled he'd been.
- Foolishness was all it was. The man who had become a monster now resented himself as much as others.
- It's said that even now, this rocky phantom lurks by roadsides.
- Patiently waiting for passers-by to approach...
- Rolls up into a ball and charges towards a player. Can be stopped and stunned with a shield spell.
- Swings arms at the player twice
- Gargoyle curls up with rocks covering its body, before releasing a blast that hits players that are close to it.
- Slams its hand into the ground, creating stone blasts ahead of it.
- Swings its arm, rolling two boulders at players
- Left Arm
- Right Arm
- II. Desire - Snowfields Stone Man (Original form; possible ally - Atechvar)
- III. Reparation - Wasteland Effigy (Doppelganger; possible ally - Scholtas)
- V. Envy - Stone Forest Figure (Doppelganger; possible ally - Rakar)
- VI. Pride - Rolling in the Abbey (Doppelganger; possible ally - Sorad)
- VII. Judgement - Hot Stone Desert (Gemini pair with Jack-o'-Lantern; possible ally - Braga)
|Centaur · Cerberus · Cyclops · Dragon · Elven Queen · Gargoyle · Griffin · Harpy · Hydra · Illecebra · Jack Frost · Jack-o'-Lantern · Kraken · Leviathan · Minotaur · Pegasus · Phoenix · Siren · Slime · Unicorn · Valkyrie · Werewolf · Wyvern|
|Behemoth · Dullahan · Basilisk · Wraith · Beelzebub · Cat Sith · Dwarves · Ogre · Ouroboros · Troll · Leprechauns · Incubus · Iron Maiden · Romulus · Cert|
|Abyssal Fiend · Alice · Bahamut · Chimera · Chthonian Fiend · Cinderella · Dionaea · Frog Prince · Gigas · God-Dragon · Hansel and Gretel · Lizardman · Marduk · Musicians of Bremen · Naked Emperor · Odin · Pied Piper of Hamelin · Red Riding Hood · Snow White · Succubus · Terrwyn · Three Little Pigs · Tortoise and the Hare|